Frontiers in Plant Science is the world’s most-cited Plant Sciences journal & ranks in the top Impact Factor and CiteScore percentiles
Frontiers in Plant Sciences continues to rank among the world’s top plant science journals in terms of influence and quality, as shown by our analysis of the 2017 Journal Citation Reports (JCR-2017; 2018, Clarivate Analytics), 2017 CiteScore edition (2018, Scopus, Elsevier) and other impact metrics.
- The world’s most-cited journal in the JCR category of Plant Sciences, with 11,239 citations in 2017 to 2,177 articles published in 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- The world’s most-cited journal in the CiteScore category of Plant Science, with 16,444 citations in 2017 to 3,971 articles published in 2014, 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- Ranks in the 89th percentile of journal Impact Factors in the JCR Plant Sciences category, with an Impact Factor of 3.678 (Figure 2)
- Ranks in the 94th CiteScore percentile in the Plant Science category, with a CiteScore of 4.14 (Figure 2)
- 8,100 published articles to date
- 67,500 citations to date
- 29 million article views and downloads to date
- Articles mentioned 550 times in the news to date
- Articles mentioned 30,000 times on social media to date
Top research in 2017
2017’s top plant science articles include exciting new research on gall formation, seagrass ecology and improved agricultural crops and systems.
Hottest Research Topics
One of the ten Research Topic finalists in the 2017 Spotlight Award was also published in Frontiers in Plant Science:
Top article picks
Scientific excellence at scale
The impressive performance of Frontiers in Plant Sciences — and all Frontiers journals listed in the JCR and CiteScore metrics — reflects the continued success and influence of the Frontiers Open Science model of scientific excellence at scale.
All of this is only possible thanks to our research community and stellar editorial board. Frontiers congratulates Field Chief Editor Joshua Heazlewood and all Specialty Chief Editors, as well as the diligent work of the Associate and Review Editors, authors and the Frontiers Journal Management team, for this outstanding achievement.