Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology is among the top 10 most-cited open-access journals in its field and ranks in the top Impact Factor and CiteScore percentiles
Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology ranks among the world’s top open-access microbiology journals in terms of influence and quality, as shown by our analysis of the 2017 Journal Citation Reports (JCR-2017; 2018, Clarivate Analytics), 2017 CiteScore edition (2018, Scopus, Elsevier) and other impact metrics.
- The world’s 6th most-cited open-access journal in the JCR category of Microbiology, with 1,052 citations in 2017 to 511 articles published in 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- The world’s 5th most-cited journal in the CiteScore category of Microbiology, with 1,986 citations in 2017 to 500 articles published in 2014, 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- Ranks in the 68th percentile of journal Impact Factors in the JCR Microbiology category, with an Impact Factor of 3.520 (Figure 2)
- Ranks in the 82nd CiteScore percentile in the Microbiology category, 87th CiteScore percentile in the Medical Microbiology category and 89th CiteScore percentile in the Infectious Diseases category, with a CiteScore of 3.97 (Figure 2)
- 1,500 published articles to date
- 9,600 citations to date
- 6 million article views and downloads to date
- Articles mentioned 180 times in the news to date
- Articles mentioned 7,500 times on social media to date
Scientific excellence at scale
The impressive performance of Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology — and all Frontiers journals listed in the JCR and CiteScore metrics — reflects the continued success and influence of the Frontiers Open Science model of scientific excellence at scale.
All of this is only possible thanks to our research community and stellar editorial board. Frontiers congratulates Field Chief Editor Yousef Abu Kwaik and all Specialty Chief Editors, as well as the diligent work of the Associate and Review Editors, authors and the Frontiers Journal Management team, for this outstanding achievement.