Frontiers in Immunology is among the top 10 most-cited journals in its field and ranks in the top Impact Factor and CiteScore percentiles
Frontiers in Immunology continues to rank among the world’s top immunology journals in terms of influence and quality, as shown by our analysis of the 2017 Journal Citation Reports (JCR-2017; 2018, Clarivate Analytics), 2017 CiteScore edition (2018, Scopus, Elsevier) and other impact metrics.
- The world’s 6th most-cited journal — and most-cited open-access journal — in the JCR category of Immunology, with 6,547 citations in 2017 to 1,811 articles published in 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- The world’s 3rd most-cited journal — and most-cited open-access journal — in the CiteScore category of Immunology & Allergy, with 11,153 citations in 2017 to 1,984 articles published in 2014, 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- The world’s 7th most-cited journal — and 2nd most-cited open-access journal — in the CiteScore category of Immunology (Figure 1)
- Ranks in the 81st percentile of journal Impact Factors in the JCR Immunology category, with an Impact Factor of 5.511 (Figure 2)
- Ranks in the 87th CiteScore percentile in the Immunology category and 89th CiteScore percentile in the Immunology & Allergy category, with a CiteScore of 5.62 (Figure 2)
- 6,300 published articles to date
- 58,000 citations to date
- 24 million article views and downloads to date
- Articles mentioned 600 times in the news to date
- Articles mentioned 30,200 times on social media to date
Top research in 2017
2017’s top immunology articles include exciting new research on gall formation, seagrass ecology and improved agricultural crops and systems.
Hottest Research Topics
Top article picks
Scientific excellence at scale
The impressive performance of Frontiers in Immunology — and all Frontiers journals listed in the JCR and CiteScore metrics — reflects the continued success and influence of the Frontiers Open Science model of scientific excellence at scale.
All of this is only possible thanks to our research community and stellar editorial board. Frontiers congratulates Field Chief Editor Luigi Daniele Notarangelo and all Specialty Chief Editors, as well as the diligent work of the Associate and Review Editors, authors and the Frontiers Journal Management team, for this outstanding achievement.