Frontiers in Pharmacology is the world’s 2nd most-cited open-access journal in its field and ranks in the top Impact Factor and CiteScore percentiles
Frontiers in Pharmacology continues to rank among the world’s top pharmacology journals in terms of influence and quality, as shown by our analysis of the 2017 Journal Citation Reports (JCR-2017; 2018, Clarivate Analytics), 2017 CiteScore edition (2018, Scopus, Elsevier) and other impact metrics.
- The world’s 2nd most-cited open-access journal in the JCR category of Pharmacology & Pharmacy, with 2,915 citations in 2017 to 917 articles published in 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- The world’s most-cited open-access journal in the CiteScore categories of Pharmacology and Medical Pharmacology, with 4,375 citations in 2017 to 1,108 articles published in 2014, 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- Ranks in the 82nd percentile of journal Impact Factors in the JCR Pharmacology and Pharmacy category, with an Impact Factor of 3.831 (Figure 2)
- Ranks in the 86th and 91st CiteScore percentile in the Pharmacology and Medical Pharmacology categories, respectively, with a CiteScore of 3.95 (Figure 2)
- 3,300 published articles to date
- 23,400 citations to date
- 12 million article views and downloads to date
- Articles mentioned 500 times in the news to date
- Articles mentioned 13,000 times on social media to date
Scientific excellence at scale
The impressive performance of Frontiers in Pharmacology — and all Frontiers journals listed in the JCR and CiteScore metrics — reflects the continued success and influence of the Frontiers Open Science model of scientific excellence at scale.
All of this is only possible thanks to our research community and stellar editorial board. Frontiers congratulates Field Chief Editor Heike Wulff and all Specialty Chief Editors, as well as the diligent work of the Associate and Review Editors, authors and the Frontiers Journal Management team, for this outstanding achievement.