Journal impact: Frontiers in Psychiatry
Frontiers in Psychiatry is the world’s 5th most-cited open-access journal in its field and ranks in the top Impact Factor and CiteScore percentiles
Frontiers in Psychiatry ranks among the world’s top psychiatry journals in terms of influence and quality, as shown by our analysis of the 2017 Journal Citation Reports (JCR-2017; 2018, Clarivate Analytics), 2017 CiteScore edition (2018, Scopus, Elsevier) and other impact metrics.
- The world’s 5th most-cited open-access journal in the JCR category of Psychiatry (SCIE), with 531 citations in 2017 to 277 articles published in 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- The world’s 7th most-cited open-access journal in the CiteScore category of Psychiatry & Mental Health, with 1,813 citations in 2017 to 577 articles published in 2014, 2015 and 2016 (Figure 1)
- Ranks in the 69th percentile of journal Impact Factors in the JCR Psychiatry category, with an Impact Factor of 2.857 (Figure 2)
- Ranks in the 85th CiteScore percentile in the Psychiatry & Mental Health category, with a CiteScore of 3.14 (Figure 2)
- 1,600 published articles to date
- 12,000 citations to date
- 8 million article views and downloads to date
- Articles mentioned 630 times in the news to date
- Articles mentioned 15,000 times on social media to date
Scientific excellence at scale
The impressive performance of Frontiers in Psychiatry— and all Frontiers journals listed in the JCR and CiteScore metrics — reflects the continued success and influence of the Frontiers Open Science model of scientific excellence at scale.
All of this is only possible thanks to our research community and stellar editorial board. Frontiers congratulates Field Chief Editor Stefan Borgwardt and all Specialty Chief Editors, as well as the diligent work of the Associate and Review Editors, authors and the Frontiers Journal Management team, for this outstanding achievement.