Stay up-to-date with top research in environmental microbiology
Are you up to speed on the top research being published in Frontiers in Microbiology?
This article reviews emerging research into multi-species microbial symbiosis associated with lichens and emphasizes the need to promote a holistic view of lichen-bacteria interactions. The review specifically focuses on diversity, functions, dispersal, habitat specificity, and inter-microbiome relations of the Lobaria pulmonaria-associated bacterial community.
This Review is part of the Research Topic Microbiome interplay and control hosted by:
Also, don’t miss the following:
Specialty: Aquatic Microbiology
Specialty: Extreme Microbiology
- Single-cell Sequencing of Thiomargarita Reveals Genomic Flexibility for Adaptation to Dynamic Redox Conditions
Specialty: Microbial Physiology and Metabolism
- Bacterial Communities: Interactions to Scale
- Comparison of Nitrogen Oxide Metabolism among Diverse Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria
- Metabolic Capabilities of Microorganisms Involved in and Associated with the Anaerobic Oxidation of Methane
- A Review on the Assessment of Stress Conditions for Simultaneous Production of Microalgal Lipids and Carotenoids
Specialty: Terrestrial Microbiology
- Mineral vs. Organic Amendments: Microbial Community Structure, Activity and Abundance of Agriculturally Relevant Microbes Are Driven by Long-Term Fertilization Strategies
For the latest research, subscribe to Article Alerts on Frontiers in Microbiology